Monday, April 18, 2011

125 Years of Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola

Don't worry guys. This is not an assignment or extra credit! ;) I'm getting my "nerd" on!

My favorite thing, dealing in the graphics industry, are logos. I love creating identities and I appreciate their history and value. I hope someday to work in an advertising firm. My dream job would be working for Coca-Cola. I have had a life-long obsession with their branding. (Though, I drink Pepsi...shhh, don't tell ;) )

Coca-Cola is celebrating their 125th anniversary and posted a history of the product and I thought I would share some of it with all of you.

 Check out the bottle designs as well as the logo!


Coca-Cola was started in 1886, by a pharmacist from Atlanta named Dr. John S. Pemberton. Yes, I said pharmacist. He created the syrup that gives the drink it's flavor. He took the syrup to another pharmacist where they mixed it with carbonated water and voila. Dr. Pemberton's partner and bookkeeper, Frank M. Robinson was credited for giving Coca-Cola it's name and designing the logo.  (I think we can all figure out the origin of the name)

If this interests you, scan the QR code below to go to the Coca-Cola company's website to learn more about their incredible history! Enjoy! (get it? Enjoy! - haha)



No comments:

Post a Comment