Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Final Project

Final Project - Catalog/Booklet

For my final project, I have decided to continue developing the identity for my friend, The Cheesecake Lady. My project will be a 24 page booklet or catalog of each cheesecake flavor, size & price. This will include an outside & inside front cover, several spreads and an inside and outside back cover.

The purpose for this catalog is for the business owner to distribute to her clients and potential clients, so that they may see the variety of flavors she has available and provide the client with information on how to contact her.

The target audience would be males and females, ages 18+, restaurant owners/managers and individuals wanting to order cheesecake.

Printing Specs:

Final booklet size: 8.5" x 11"
.125" bleed - .5" margins
Full color - Full bleed

Sheets will be printed full color, front and back on 11"x17" white paper and folded and stapled in the center
If budget allows, the outside cover paper will be a heavier stock and glossy.


 Here is the layout I will be using to make sure the files print in the correct order.

Thumbnails

Roughs
Outside Front Cover

Left hand spread

Right hand spread

Final
This was a challenging project for me, but I loved doing it. I had to do a lot of planning ahead of time to make sure this catalog prints properly. (Which is the soul purpose for this class) Folding dummy's are now my best friend. I would have been so lost trying to figure out which design goes on what page and I'm sure I would have stressed out the people at Printing Services. 
There were a lot of photos to implement in this catalog, so I created a few actions in Photoshop to help me size the images properly, convert them to the correct color mode, flatten and save the files in the correct folder. I saved a lot of time this way and I'm confident all of my files are correct. 
This catalog is a starting point for my client. Once she receives my proof, we will communicate about implementing the new cheesecake flavors and other items she will want to offer, as well as changes to the design. 
The quote I received from Printing Services shows that each booklet will cost about $8. I will be using 1 sheet of 100# coated paper and 4 sheets of 28# paper. It will be printed on 12x18" paper and trimmed down to 11x17", folded and saddle stitched.
Final Images




















All Photos taken by The Cheesecake Lady
Background images and Catalog Design by: Crista Cunningham Designs
Facebook Logo: http://www.facebook.com/

1 comment: